Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Beginnings

I'm here!  Beautiful Bakersfield California!  I've offically been on the job as superintendent all of three days. You forget what it is like to start over after I spent 12 years as an established figure in a large organization that I helped create.  Rhonda and I are now living out of boxes, the housing opportunities are cloudy at best, and I'm trying to fill some important staffing positions while learning on the fly about the new culture and expectations.  Change.  It is a cycle that brings with it both inspiration and trepidation for the unknown. I chose some words for our year's theme from Ephesians 3:20 that state:
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." 
I selfishly picked it for me :).   I am in a position that I don't yet know all the questions to ask with so much to learn.  My core team of teachers and parents are still 3 weeks away from an introduction.  My trust factor in God being able to take care of so many unknown details is growing daily.  I must have faith that God will bless me way beyond my feeble attempts to manage my own compentcy and experience.  It is a good place for me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment